Monday, March 17, 2014

Easy French Bread Pizza


Hi folks! It’s been a while since my last post. Time has just sailed by lately! I thought I would share a recent food favorite of our little family. It isn’t anything new, or something I personally “invented.” Just a classic that we put our own twists to and love to eat!

When we do our monthly shopping, we always check the “day old bread” section. We lucked out on one shopping trip and found a fabulous deal on some French loaves. One night we had a hankering for some pizza, so I whipped up some super easy French bread pizzas.

 
 


Here is what you will need:

1 French/Italian Loaf bread, cut in half lengthwise

1 14.5 oz can of Italian blend diced tomatoes, drained

Olive oil

Shredded mozzarella cheese

Dried basil (or fresh, chopped if you like)

 

Preheat your oven to 357 degrees.

Place loaves of bread on baking sheet, face up.

Brush loaves generously with olive oil (open face part, not entire loaf)

Evenly distribute the drained tomatoes between the two halves. (I chopped my tomatoes a little smaller since I was not using petite diced tomatoes)

Top with mozzarella cheese

Garnish with a little sprinkling of dried basil

Place in oven for 20-25 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted. The loaves outer shell should be nice and crisp.

Slice it up and ENJOY!

 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment