Sunday, April 28, 2013

Creamy herb and butter rice using cream of whatever dry mix


In our little house there is a dinner time dilemma when it comes to having rice as a side dish to our meals. I will eat rice in pretty much every form. Hubs only likes plain white rice with milk and sugar. The kiddo refuses to eat rice, no matter how you fix it. Since we are still on the make it from scratch kick I don’t purchase the box rice mixes with the exception of plain white Minute Rice. So tonight I decided to fix some rice to pair with our chili and Lime tilapia filets. Figuring I would be the only one to eat it, I decided I wanted some buttery herbed rice. Then a thought occurred to me….what if I used my ever handy Cream of Whatever Dry Mix in the rice?

Well….Both my guys cleaned their plates of the rice! And I of course love it too! So our rice dilemma has been solved. So here you go…give it a try and see what you think.

 


2 cups uncooked minute rice

1/3 cup cream of whatever dry mix (get the recipe here)

1 cup water

1/2 cup milk

1-2 tablespoons of butter

Dried or fresh parsley for garnish

 

Mix together the milk, water and cream of whatever mix in a sauce pan.

Bring just to a boil, remembering to stir frequently.

Remove from heat.

Stir in the uncooked minute rice.

Cover and let set for 5 minutes.

Add butter and stir the rice.

Garnish with parsley

(If you rice is too dry, add a couple tablespoons of milk or water.)

 

You could even liven it up a bit more and add some cooked veggies to the rice, like mushrooms or broccoli. The possibilities are endless!

 

Hope Y'all enjoy it!

 

 

 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment